Q. - What is Fire Tonic?
A. - Hilbilby Fire Tonic [colloquially known as Fire Cider or Master Tonic] is a next level RAW unfiltered, unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar [ACV] Tincture, adapted from a traditional Gypsy recipe and handmade in small batches in Torquay on the Surf Coast of Victoria, Australia ... Fire Tonic is a LIVE Herbal Infusion with the Mother of Vinegar [MOV].
Q. How is Fire Tonic made?
[image #1] 25lt glass demijohn of Fire Tonic at the start of a 12 week steep.
With the exception of honey, we steep all 24 natural ingredients [listed below] in our 25th and primary ingredient ACV, for at least 3 months. At the end of the steep, we rack the Fire Tonic and the remaining vegetable, fruit, herbs & spices form the basis of [a very sustainable] fire sauce. After some settling time, we add local raw honey then hand bottle & label this liquid gold .
Q. - What are the benefits of taking Fire Tonic?
A. - Fire Tonic has all the well documented benefits of live raw ACV as well as those from the other 24 all natural ingredients. Benefits include [though are not limited to];
- boosts immunity
- stimulates metabolism
- reduces blood triglycerides, cholesterol and blood pressure
- inhibits and reduces muscle cramps
- assists with post work out recovery and reduces [DOMS]
- kills harmful bacteria and yeasts [including those that cause candida]
- regulates body's pH [alkalising effect]
- reduces blood sugar
- feeds good gut bacteria [pre-biotic]
- prevents / reduces indigestion
- reduces reflux / heartburn
- detoxifies liver
- cleanses lymph nodes
- soothes sore throat
- increases satiety / reduces appetite - [therefore helpful with fasting, making weight & weight loss]
Q. - How do I take Fire Tonic?
A. - Fire Tonic is a potent immune booster and metabolic stimulant ... for first time use a cap full [5ml] is plenty, then recommended dosage as a daily health tonic is 10ml - 15ml, 1 - 3 times per day for effect, more for an extra boost. Other than neat, you can have Fire Tonic;
- Mixed or chased with water or mineral water
- Fire on Ice - [10ml Fire Tonic, 1 level teaspoon of honey, cold still or sparkling water, slice of lemon]
- Virgin [or bloody] Mary ingredient or chaser
- Salad dressing [as recommended by Chef Pete Evans]
- Diluted with ACV and honey [singers note, this concoction is especially good for the throat before and during gigs]
- Fiery Tea w/ Lemon & Honey tea [10ml Fire Tonic, 1 level teaspoon of honey, boiling water, slice of lemon]
Q. - Is Fire Tonic Paleo?
A. - Yes.
Q. - Is Fire Tonic Vegan?
A. - YES, we have dedicated Vegan batches [without honey].
Q. Will every bottle / batch taste exactly the same?
A. No. Each batch is as unique as it is similar. Fire Tonic is hand made in small batches with seasonal ingredients.
Q. Can I have Fire Tonic when pregnant?
A. Yes, many pregnant woman enjoy the benefits of Fire Tonic [we advise you check with your G.P. first].
Q. Will Fire Tonic make you pregnant?
A. No. At least, not without help.
Q. There's some goop in the bottom of my Fire Tonic, is that normal? Is that okay?
A. Yes, it is normal and it's more than okay ... it's the MOV and some of the pressed fruit, vegetables, herbs and spices.
Q. - What's in Fire Tonic?
A. - Ingredients - Raw Apple Cider Vinegar [ACV], raw local honey, cayenne chilli, turmeric, garlic, horseradish, ginger, carrot, celery, red onion, brown onion, apple, orange, lemon, habanero chilli, mustard seed, parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme, juniper berries, peppercorns, bay leaves, Szechuan pepper & Himalayan pink mineral salt.
... the fruit and veg in Fire Tonic are sourced organically and locally where possible, each with its own medicinal, health and healing properties.
[image #2] Fire Tonic Ingredients close up.
Q. - Where can I buy Fire Tonic?
Statement - if after reading the ingredients, you have any questions or concerns about taking fire tonic, we recommend you consult your nutritionist, naturopath or GP for further advice.