Raspberry Shrub Sour
Fancy something ... well, fancy?
WoW, what a result!
A sour is a traditional family of mixed drinks, containing a base liquor [often Gin], lemon or lime juice, and a sweetener [simple syrup].
Egg whites are also included in some sours.
In our Raspberry Shrub Sour,adds to both the zing and the sweetness of this amazing drink.
- 50ml of your favourite gin - I used Morris Lane dry
- 20ml Red berry Liqueur - I used creme de cassis (chambered will work too)
- 30ml Lemon juice - fresh squeezed
- 20ml Raspberry Shrub Syrup
- 10ml Sugar syrup (optional) I preferred it without as I enjoyed the acid zing of the switchel but Liana liked it with it a little sweeter.
- 1 egg white
Add all ingredients to your cocktail shaker (a sturdy jar will work in a pinch) shake without ice to mix all the ingredients together, at this point the egg white will fluff up. Add ice and shake again. Shake the shaker until nice and cold (about 15 seconds).
Double strain into a glass of your choosing, use a tea strainer of your smallest sieve if you don't have a set of cocktail strainers.
If you want to stretch it in a tall glass, top with a splash of soda water.
Garnish with almost anything. We used fresh berries, you could use mint or a lemon twist too!
Recipe - Sam Bastion